The Director of Planning is responsible for running a multi-area & multichannel business & managing a team of talented planners & analysts. This role reports to the VP of Planning with the goal of successfully & accurately planning & forecasting inventory, sales & margin to ensure that our company goals are met & exceeded.
You will have the opportunity to partner with cross functional team leaders, invigorate your entrepreneurial spirit to break new ground, & serve in a highly visible role with a significant impact on Rue Gilt Groupes new business initiatives & successes.
What Youll Do:
- Manage & drive top line revenue while increasing profitability by maximizing the return on our investments.
- Drive strategic planning capabilities in a dynamic, innovative business environment across the organization. Lead with agility & comfort in change management.
- Manage, optimize & enhance the open-to-buy process across channels to drive efficiency of inventory & overall business performance.
- Analyze data & make recommendations to drive merchandising strategy with financial strategy. Turn insights into actions.
- Collaborate & build strong cross functional relationships with our merchandise & programming partners.
- Lead, coach & manage a team. Build engagement through empowerment. Challenge team to balance priorities & elevate their strategic thinking. Create opportunities for succession planning.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 10+ years of proven success in leading, engaging & managing a planning team
- Strong retail acumen combined with strong planning skills & expert knowledge in forecasting
- Ability to interpret, ask questions & apply data insights to address key business opportunities
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a developed understanding of retail trends & the ability to visualize future trends
- Strong excel & planning systems skills
- E-commerce experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.