About Def Method
We are generalist software engineering & product management consultants committed to building the best software company we can by delivering excellent results for our customers. We apply user-centered design, lean, & agile software development principles to help our customers create valuable products, & are always refining our craft.
Value prop of this role
Were looking for an HR Specialist with experience in recruiting & maintaining a diverse, welcoming, & psychologically safe workplace. You will manage the full life-cycle of our recruiting process; ensure successful on-boarding & a great experience for new hires as they begin working with Def Method; & coordinate Team Days & other fun & engaging activities for the entire staff. Youll have an opportunity for significant company-wide impact. This is a key role to build & support the company & our culture. The role will begin with a contract with the expectation to move full-time after 3-6 months.
An estimate of how youll spend your time
Recruitment - 40%
- Manage recruitment process of technical employees, nontechnical employees & contractors including reviewing resumes & phone screening candidates
- Organize interview training for employees
- Manage our ATS (Greenhouse)
- Report on metrics & streamline our recruiting processes
- Develop strategies for diversifying hiring pipelines, & retaining diverse talent, create an inclusive work environment, & establish partnerships to find diverse & qualified candidates
Human Resources - 45%
- Organize team day workshops, fun activities, & DM Fridays, & other ways to enrich the day-to-day of our employees
- Build, support, & embody Def Methods company culture; ensure company values are clearly communicated, own culture initiatives
- Stay well-versed on current HR regulations & compliance
- Support team members with career development & professional development, support career ladder development
- Coordinate bi-annual employee appraisal processes
- Support voluntary & involuntary terminations in collaboration with the Leadership Team
General Company Support - 15%
- Virtual office management
- Purchasing/ Managing team tools & subscriptions
What youll bring:
- 4+ years of relevant HR & technical recruiting work & experience
- A commitment to DEI & building an inclusive workplace
- Your ability to give honest, unflinching, & respectful feedback to employees & the leadership team.
Why we love working here
- We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers & expanding the range of experiences & perspectives that shape our work.
- Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget.
- Great pay & benefits comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation time & minimal travel (if at all).
- Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020.