Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, & machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands & local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box & ecommerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
The Data Engineering team is the backbone of all data-related processes & enables the Data Science team to develop & deploy a wide variety of algorithms & models that power the marketplace. Our infrastructure is used by the whole company for analytics, reporting, forecasting & research. We care about having a reliable infrastructure with quality data & building machine learning models that help our customers thrive.
As a Senior Data Engineer youll be responsible for developing & automating large scale, high-performance data storage & processing systems.
Our team already includes experienced Data Scientists & Engineers from Airbnb, Facebook, Quora, Square, Uber, TripAdvisor, & Overstock. Faire will soon be known as a top destination for data science & machine learning, & you will help take us there!
What you will be doing:
- Develop our machine learning infrastructure to help us scale for where were going over the next several years
- Manage our data infrastructure & ETL platform
What it takes:
- 4+ years experience in a Data Engineering role with an emphasis on managing data warehouses
- Strong skills in Python, Git, Docker, SQL, Airflow, ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with at least one of: Hive, Presto, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery
- A passion for programming & solving problems with code
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, & an insatiable curiosity for new tools to tackle real problems
Why youll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech & machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology & data to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done & come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making & reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, & Salt Lake City. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.