Technical Marketing Engineer/Manager (Security)
This role will provide strategic planning & tactical execution of technical content development, sales enablement & customer engagement for Sumo Logic Security solutions. The successful candidate will bring a few years of security domain expertise, to gain credibility quickly with sales & customers as the Subject matter expert.
- Develop technical marketing plans through deep engagement with product management, engineering, sales & other marketing teams
- Design & develop technical sales & marketing collateral including demos/scripts, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, videos & field training courses
- Support technical customer meetings & training (as needed)
- Deliver technical enablement to sales, sales engineering & partners
- Support competitive assessments as Sumo technical SME
- Drive technical sales initiatives
- Drive integrated communications initiatives with other businesses & teams across internal & partner ecosystem
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in product management or technical product marketing or solution engineering or technical marketing roles supporting a security product.
- Highly technical to be able to independently develop demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills to evangelize how Sumo excels at offerings for the various security persona both internally & externally.
- Highly collaborative work style to learn from others & build upon their ideas.
- Passion for driving product innovation & to effectively communicate cross functionally within Product Development, Engineering, Marketing, & Sales.
- Curiosity to learn the intricacies of Sumo Logic's business & adapt past experiences to Sumo Logic's current opportunities.
- Technical degree/diploma is preferred
- Desired: Familiarity/Experience with Cloud Security, SIEM, SOAR, DevSecOps, AppSec, Endpoint, Network Security
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges & opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, & cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform automates the collection, ingestion, & analysis of application, infrastructure, security, & IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, & secure their modern applications & cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.