The Data Infrastructure Team manages the fundamental building blocks used by analytical systems at Squarespace to store & process data. Our job will be to reforge the many different data systems into an automated set of workflows that allow our partner teams to excel. We develop traditional data warehouses & distributed NoSQL systems. We use both on-premise & cloud tools to achieve our goals. This role will report into the Engineering Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Support our Hadoop clusters. Work with our users to determine capacity & functionality requirements, develop monitoring tools, & maintain reliable operations. Improve & normalize DE & Census clusters. Add cloud capacity & transfer select datasets & processes to GCP.
- Support the Postgres Data Warehouse. OLAP systems do not fit into our cookie cutter Postgres instances. We need to evaluate capacity requirements, make sure we are meeting them in the short & medium term, & come up with a long-term architecture for our data warehouse.
- Develop reliable data access infrastructure. In the short-term - tune our Hive/Presto clusters to accommodate both ad-hoc exploratory queries & systematic ETL processing. In the medium & long term - develop the next generation of abstractions to shield the users from the implementation details of the storage solutions.
- Support ETL Processing. Enhance our k8s Airflow operator.
- Last but not least - work with Product teams on one side & Data Engineering & Data Science teams on the other side to provide support.
- First & foremost we are looking for the desire to assume responsibility of pieces of analytical infrastructure. We are looking for engineers who take pride & satisfaction in creating rock solid systems.
- Experience relevant to Hadoop, Postgres, & GCP.
- Expertise developing backend services & ETL streaming & batch processes using compiled languages.
- Experience writing automation scripts & libraries in the Data world.
- Intimate knowledge of the challenges our product & data teams are facing & desire to help.
- You don't have to know everything but you are willing to learn what is required & teach what you know.
- In particular, knowledge of the data ecosystem therein
- Hadoop & Map Reduce ecosystem
- Kubernetes Operators
- Real-time timeseries & monitoring solution
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.