Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As the Agile Project Manager at Codecademy, you will play a vital role in spreading the Codecademy mission, helping us reach & educate people all over the world by sharing the Codecademy story & shaping our brand within the lifestyle of our Consumer(s); along the way building the scale of our user base & driving membership subscriptions.
To accomplish this, youll need the ability to see both the big picture & the small details paying close attention to every task, sub-task, & sub-sub-task while understanding how they fit together to accomplish broader marketing team goals & ultimately position Codecademy for lasting success.
The ideal candidate is a team-player, collaborator, & leader with an understanding of all marketing functions & how they work together. This person is passionate about managing projects effectively & an advocate for process. This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the daily tasks & operations of marketing projects, campaigns, & initiatives
- Develop a consistent way of using project management tool(s) across stakeholders
- Create plans, timelines, & documentation to track the completion of projects
- Participate in short-term & long-term planning, including the maintenance of a marketing team calendar
- Maintain key documentation including OKRs (objectives & key results), OKR scorecard, & other documentation as assigned in the Marketing Process
- Hold team members accountable for the timely delivery of required plans & assets
- Coordinate a new workflow for the marketing team, leveraging Agile principles & practices
- Manage & track project status within project management tool(s)
- Coordinate across teams, within Marketing, & with stakeholders in other departments within the company (growth, curriculum, product, design, engineering, finance, etc.)
- Act as a key touchpoint for outside agencies & freelancers
- Facilitate clear & effective communication between team members
- Ad hoc facilitation role in planning, brainstorming, & other m eetings across marketing functions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience working with Agile
- Ability to develop a department-wide workflow from scratch, then continuously iterate on it as you go
- A pragmatic approach that emphasizes realistic results
- Clear communication skills
- Understanding of when to take the reigns & act as a project lead
- Ability to make decisive decisions & communicate them clearly
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Marketing project management experience is very helpful
- Experience at a tech startup or within the education space
- Experience managing a smaller marketing team with a variety of project types
- Interest in or understanding of agile principles, practices & technology/coding
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.