The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, NJ & will report to the Customer Service Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to customers in an efficient, friendly, & professional manner over the phone, email or live chat & make a difference in a customers day.
- Accurately & confidently communicate order information, policies & procedures.
- Adhere to the established work schedule.
- Display a positive attitude & work with integrity when dealing with customers, consignors, & co-workers.
- Troubleshoot & resolve product/service issues & concerns.
- Document & update customer records based on interactions.
- Maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products & services.
- Work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer service platforms (email, telephone, etc.).
- Handle numerous customer inquiries promptly, accurately & efficiently.
- Navigate between computer screens (CRM Software, Email & Web Browser, etc.) while actively listening & entering customer information.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize & multitask.
- Positive & professional demeanor.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A strong desire to help others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-volume call center environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous worked for a luxury brand/retailer
- Previous experience in customer service or call center environment.
- College degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.