Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
With the recent introduction of our cloud database-as-a-service offering, CockroachCloud, Cockroach Labs has opened up a new channel of direct purchase of our products by individuals & small teams of developers & operators. That product is seeing explosive growth, & we are looking for a Program Lead to help accelerate the awareness, adoption, & ongoing expansion of CockroachCloud with this audience. In this role you will plan, execute, & continuously improve our integrated marketing activities for CockroachCloud across the entire customer lifecycle from generating broad-reaching awareness, to helping users sign-up & quickly see value from our free services, to targeted conversion & upsell campaigns that increase the breadth & depth of our relationship with each user.
- Help define, drive, & iterate on the go-to-market strategy & activities for CockroachCloud
- Drive the customer lifecycle of a users self-service journey from acquisition to usage & expansion
- Partner with Product Marketing to define the messaging, engagement, & goals for marketing programs
- Partner with Growth Marketing & Developer Relations to create & execute acquisition campaigns
- Partner with Product Management team to design & test programmatic onboarding programs with minimal human touches
- Run A/B & multivariate tests to optimize our activities & to identify new opportunities to improve customer acquisition, retention, & expansion
- 5+ years marketing SaaS or self-service developer tools
- Superior program management skills; result-focus with superb execution & follow-through; high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills & experience using testing to optimize conversions
- Excellent skills in marketing communications for technical audiences
- Ability to work cross-functionally & manage a diverse set of stakeholders
In the first 30 days, you will assess the CockroachCloud sign up experience & learn about the CockroachDB solutions, competitive landscape, & acclimate yourself with the DB buyer. During this time, you will engage with the other CockroachCloud team members across Product Marketing & Product Management.
In the next 60 days, you will start your first test campaigns on user acquisition & onboarding while you continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB.
After 3 months, you will be fully engaged with the CockroachCloud marketing programs & own the planning & execution of new user acquisition & growth campaigns.
Reporting to Maria Toft - Director of Demand Generation
As a "left-brained" marketer with a passion for building things to last, Maria says that joining Cockroach Labs as the Director of Demand Generation was a no-brainer. Maria is responsible for executing our multi-channel strategies (digital media, events, etc.) to drive prospect engagement & customer activation. Outside of work, you can find her walking her dogs, playing tennis, doing yoga, & exploring the beautiful nature in New York State.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.