Pendo is seeking a hardworking, driven, & dynamic individual to join our Subscription Success team. At Pendo, renewals are at the heart of our success as a company, & as a Commercial Account Manager, you will be an integral part of driving performance in our companys core business strategy by focusing on renewing our relationships with customers & ensuring they have the subscription they need to achieve positive business outcomes.
A renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough moment to celebrate & reflect on the past while also plan for the future. You will partner with customers & multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure value is realized & that our customers are set up for continued success with their subscription.
To succeed on our team, you will need strong sales, operations, & analytical skills, as well as drive & discipline to lead, forecast, & execute on your pipeline with high efficiency. This is a quota carrying position.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Develop deep expertise & understanding of Pendos products, GTM strategy, & standards for pricing & negotiating renewals & expansion.
- Research customer contracts & purchasing history in order to build timely & accurate quotes for renewals within your book of business.
- Manage your opportunity pipeline from week to week, providing accurate & timely forecasts to management.
- Attain quarterly targets for bookings in your book of business, on-time renewals, & overall critical renewal & expansion metrics.
- Increase penetration in book of business through existing product portfolio & new offers.
- Participate in account reviews & planning.
- Manage the transaction process from quote through PO.
- Handle billing disputes & questions.
- Identify when technical guidance might be needed to secure a renewal.
- Understand customer procurement process
- Work cross-functionally to develop renewal & expansion strategy & execution plans.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Minimum 4 years experience in a Renewal Specialist position or similar/related function (e.g. Technology Inside Sales, Sales Operations, Services Renewals) that includes direct customer interaction.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a numerate, technical or business discipline.
- Technology sales experience in a subscription model environment, with a proven track record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle conflict.
- Competency with sales pipeline management & CRM tools, including salesforce.com.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to discuss & close multi-year deals.
- Excellent executive level communication & presentation skills.
- Approaches work with empathy & a creative, problem-solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness & deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time & process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing & refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental & vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.