Associate Director, Strategic Brand Partnerships & Business Development
Were looking for an Associate Director, Strategic Brand Partnerships, who will play a leading role in building impactful & innovative solutions, moments, & experiences in collaboration with other brands that drive consideration & further enhance the brand perception of Walmart.
Youll work closely with our Senior Director of Strategic Brand Partnerships, as well as stakeholders across Marketing, Retail & Operations, to pitch, develop & manage some of our most critical strategic partnerships, spearhead cross-functional deal formation efforts, & propose, evaluate & recommend potential collaborations.
Challenges youll be tackling
- As part of a growing team, you will help lead the effort to build partnerships for both Walmart.com & Walmart Stores. Youll shape our partnership strategy & collaborate with various teams to cultivate new relationships with brands, organizations & innovators.
- You will act as an external & internal advocate, creating deep relationships & building new opportunities.
- Youll be rigorous in your prioritization & management of resources & timelines as a leader in a broadly scoped role.
- Oversee & manage employee handling day-to-day business development & execution of partnerships. These initiatives will range from content partnerships with media companies, to collaborations with up & coming brands, to experiential marketing that showcases Walmarts evolving value proposition.
- Develop innovative proposals & pitches, heavily leveraging both analytical & creative thinking. Build relationships with external parties to sell-in these ideas & then lead internal cross-functional efforts to bring them to life.
- Leverage data & insights to create partnership KPIs & track performance; liaise with partners to improve performance & optimize the relationship.
- Constantly identify areas of opportunity for partnerships & manage pipeline of inbound & outbound pitches.
How youll know its right
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder
- If you can drive results & solve problems in fun & creative ways
- If you pride yourself on being the first of your friends & colleagues to know whats happening in the world & staying in the know
- If you wake up thinking about big bold ideas but only sleep easy knowing your is are dotted & ts are crossed
- Minimum 8+ years of work experience in a related area, preferably in a leadership position (e.g. Marketing Partnerships or Business Development, Marketing/Advertising/Digital).
- Flexible & nimble thinking with a bias for action. You move quickly & are open to taking risks. You can effortlessly move from spreadsheets to creative brainstorming.
- Experience leading large cross-functional projects, influencing teams to meet timelines & deliverable needs
- Experience working & collaborating flawlessly with brands & agencies
- Superb communication skills youre equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up (with a make things happen attitude)
- Excellent leadership skills & experience with keen focus on teamwork & project management.
- Willingness & ability to regularly travel to our other offices in Arkansas & California.
- Highly organized & detail-oriented.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint & Visio a must.
- Youll get to work on one of the most entrepreneurial, creative roles at Walmart, developing a partnerships eco-system from the ground up.
- Youll be empowered to hunt for innovative partners, structure working relationships in creative, dynamic ways & launch newsworthy collaborations.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.