Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
About the Team
The Product Research team sits within the R&D Soft Product Development Team. This team is responsible for all personal care category launches from concept to launch, as it pertains to Research & Product Development. As Harrys & Flamingo brands continue to grow, the Product Development Team will be a primary driver of new product innovation.
About the Role
The Soft Product, Product Research Sr. Associate will help drive innovation at Harrys by listening to consumers & utilizing your passion for products to create things people like more. As a liaison between our insights partners & our the PD team you will support formula development by being the voice of the consumer, making sure our products deliver on the intended experiences. You will help drive innovation within the team by keeping the team up to date on the latest product launches & cross-industry innovations eg. Food trends, technology improvements etc, & most importantly, by always being an ambassador of the consumer regardless of the situation or product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define study objectives
- Coordinate & manage consumer studies, anything from small to large scale studies
- Synthesize & analyze quantitative data creating easily digestible reports that are approachable for cross-functional partners.
- Execute & drive claims substantiation, identifying claims & the most efficient way to support them.
- Work independently with vendors, testing houses, etc. to drive a study to completion on time & within budget.
- Effectively communicate product insights to cross-functional partners by distilling results to essential learnings & actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Efficiently map out & report on category trends, competitive launches/movements, & emerging technologies
- Manage & organize product sample closet
This should describe you:
- Enthusiastic about personal care products Excited by new products, technologies, formats, & how they interact with one another to create the ultimate user experience, down to the last detail.
- Empathetic - Internalize the experience of each product from the users perspective, quickly be able to understand the key drivers of that experience & want to strive to make that experience better.
- Crafty & creative You look for creative solutions & arent afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives & timelines & build research approaches to suit these. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or occasionally working with external partners when required.
- Skilled data storyteller You are comfortable analyzing & weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, & publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations.
- Life-long learner - Hunger for knowledge, admits when they dont know the answer & diligently works to find it.
- Proactive doer - Gets things done before being asked to do them.
- Relentless commitment to achieving goals & objectives: Won't give up until key stakeholders align & commit (internal colleagues & external suppliers), maintaining positive relationships for long term success
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player & possess a drive for results.
- Extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor - we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Youll report into the Soft Product Development Sr Research Associate
- Youll work with internal teams including Soft Product Development, Marketing, Insights, Packaging, Project Managers, & Research Vendors
- A Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant field (market research, regulatory field, design engineering)
- Have a strong understanding of claims substantiation & the US claims landscape. Experience with Global claim landscape is a plus.
- Direct experience working in dynamic teams, & key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines.
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging & always changing environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at all levels in the organization & with suppliers to manage multiple projects & changing business needs.
- Responsible, dependable, self-starter/proactive with strong initiative.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.