As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Position based in either: NYC (preferred) OR Bay Area California
The North America Merchant Team MBA Intern will be a member of the NA Merchant Strategy & Business Planning team, which is responsible for vertical-level strategy development & coordination, support & execution of key strategic initiatives, market research & strategic intelligence, as well as operational management & business planning. This position will also work directly with Account Executives on client-specific business development projects & sales efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Business Planning, this person will work closely with key stakeholders both internal & external to the group & will be responsible for supporting key initiatives & projects.
As a Visa Intern, you will have the chance to:
Participate in Executive Speaker Series' led by Senior Leadership
Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Team
Attend fun social events with fellow interns
- Build strong relationships with NA Merchant AE leaders, & be expected to influence decisions at the senior level.
- Understand client needs & merchant trends, anticipate opportunities & challenges, collect & synthesize AE feedback & recommend proactive measures to support accomplishing group & vertical level targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Analytics, Global Technology, Pricing, Corporate Strategy, Product & Finance.
- Collaborate with global & regional merchant strategy & solutions teams to share best practices, & leverage product & analytic resources to drive efficiency & scalable results
- Support NA Merchant's vertical strategies, business development, or key initiatives; help manage the day to day project & team activities to meet project goals & timelines
- Directly support business development activities for a set of clients in partnership with Account Executives
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree & currently working towards & Advanced degree (e.g. Masters or /MBA/JD/MD) graduating December 2020 or later
- 5+ years of business experience, with a strong track record of client service, strategic development & execution.
- Experience in client-facing roles, managing discussions & solutioning engagements with multiple key stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (issuers or acquirers), large retailers/merchants, PSPs, technology providers, etc.
- Experience at a top-tier management consultancy and/or a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate/group strategy role, coupled with managing operations of a function or business unit will also be considered
- Knowledge of payment industry products, services & technologies, eCommerce, & mobile technology is a plus.
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of strategy, growth initiatives, new market/segment/business strategies or business development
- Ability to structure & manage complex cross-enterprise projects & processes with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans & deliverables.
- A willingness to challenge preconceived attitudes & behaviors & shape future thinking.
- Strong organizational skills & excellent verbal & written communication skills are required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law