VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions & engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country to build & contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization & are thrilled about the work that we do every day. Were transparent, collaborative, & relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility & a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation & the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Weve built our technology using the best of cloud & open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models & modernly connected to internal & external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, & other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Data Engineers (Analytics) at VillageMD build distributed components, pipelines, & tools that enable our organization to make analytical, data-driven decisions. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We aggregate, process, & deliver rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors & patients.
What are examples of work that Data Engineers (Analytics) have done at VillageMD?
- Built & implemented a data profiling tool to reverse engineer data schemas from new data sources facilitating normalization of the data into our data model
- Created a summary data platform supporting our presentation layer that allows clinicians & operators in our practices to pinpoint interventions on-demand to patients most in need
- Analyzed & designed the best ways to expand our data model to incorporate more data thats mission critical
What will make you successful here?
- Strong analytical & technical skills
- A real passion for problem solving & learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed & maintainability in solution design
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Crafting & implementing requirements, keeping projects on track, & engaging partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes & tools
- Communicating complex technical details in meaningful business context
- Attention to detail, mindful of building quality into every solution
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Own ten projects to design & implement best-in-class data processing enabling clean data flow directly to our data model & on to our presentation layer
- Work with analytics, engineering & operations to design & implement a new analytics product that supports improving patient health
- Design a new concept within our data model to meet a new operational or analytical need
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience designing & implementing data pipelines and/or data summarization processes using SQL
- Ability to understand relational data structures required
- Strong capabilities manipulating data using tools such as Matillion, FiveTran, Talend, etc. a plus
- Health care data experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Snowflake or an analytic implementation of SQL (e.g. Transact-SQL, PL/SQL) is a plus
- Knowledge of, and/or willingness to learn, additional data structures & other technologies (e.g. S3, Airflow, JSON, Postgres)
- Experience or willingness to learn building information pipelines utilizing Python a plus
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields is required.
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Experience with collaboration tools & processes (e.g. Confluence, Git/Bitbucket) a plus
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
- Paid gym membership
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
- Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
- Remote flexibility
- A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
- A clear link between our daily work on products & services & the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.