Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Controllership Overview
Global Controllership ensures the integrity & accuracy of the consolidated Visa financial statements & local statutory financial statements around the world. We aim to do so by partnering & collaborating with the business & other Finance functions, providing excellent customer service, while also strengthening Visa's global financial control environment through effective operating policies, procedures & controls. We provide support to Visa's business operations in a broad range of functional areas including revenue & client incentive operations, financial close, technical accounting & SEC reporting, tax, financial systems & internal controls. Global Controllership is driven by its four core values. These core values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation, or person to person, but rather are the underpinning of our company culture. Our four core values are: 1) Excellence in Execution; 2) Constant Enhancement; 3) Ownership; and, 4) Balance. The team of 400+ is largely represented in Foster City with local Controllership teams spread across multiple geographies, helping to drive greater control through cross-training & staff development, as well as greater efficiency through leveraging economies of scale.
Visa is seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior SOX Auditor on the SOX team, which is part of Global Controllership. This is an individual contributor role on a team of 6, reporting to the Director, Head of SOX. The SOX team works in a collaborative manner & the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements & COSO framework, experience with manual & automated business process controls, & a willingness to share ideas & identify solutions to maintain an efficient SOX program & a reliable control environment, which is critical to the success of the team.
- Assist in the execution of Visa's SOX program in accordance with COSO 2013 framework
- Assist in evaluating, reinforcing & promoting the SOX 404 & 302 program standards & approaches for documentation, control design, evaluation & effectiveness testing.
- Assist in the SOX scoping & risk assessment activities.
- Responsible for walkthroughs, testing, remediation, documentation, & reporting for business process controls.
- Maintain the SOX work paper tool.
- Support the Director & the Manager in the overall management of SOX program
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring & resolving findings (internal & external audit, etc.).
- Challenge status quo & bring effective ideas to enhance the SOX program.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners & make recommendations for process improvement
- Participate in process reviews & identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness & identifiable benefits to the company.
- Drive efficiencies by seeking opportunities for centralization, globalization & automation.
- Liaison with process owners, internal auditors, external auditors & other stakeholders; prepare business stakeholders for internal & external audit reviews.
- Ad-hoc projects
Decision Making & Complexity:
- This position requires interaction with business owners & senior management globally. Visa views the individual in this position as a subject matter expert in risks & controls. The individual is expected to use sound discretion & professional judgment when interacting with business owners, senior management & external auditors.
- This position should at all times make decisions on what will be most beneficial to the company, strive for an optimum balance between implementing & executing controls versus the cost of implementing controls.
- 4 years of experience in Public Accounting and/or Internal Auditingand experience with aBachelors degreein Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- 7-10years of experience in Public Accounting and/or Internal Auditwith aBachelors degreein Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience in the execution of an end-to-end SOX program
- Good understanding of risks & controls for both Business Processes & Information Technology
- Detail-oriented & able to work well under pressure & accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker & dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic & flexible.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certifications
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.