Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends & have an excellent knack for supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering IT for our employees & assisting our existing team in building out our Corporate IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where youll be able to wear multiple hats & directly see the impact you are making day-to-day.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Participate as point of contact for desktop support issues, network troubleshooting, & escalation
- Setting up meetups for company-wide events, maintaining existing infrastructure, & purchasing workstations as required
- Help Identify possible gaps in the direct IT processes & challenge why do we do it this way
- Installation & upgrade of software packages
- Purchase & distribution of laptops, peripherals, & other electronics for office personnel
- Ordering & replacing printing supplies, installing printers & other peripherals for office based employees as requested
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees & ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
What Well Expect From You:
- Successful track record in Helpdesk & IT systems administration with experience in a startup environment supporting a minimum of 200 employees
- Strong familiarity using Google G Suite apps & administration
- Expertise in both Mac OS & Windows operating systems, with a solid foundation in Linux & a focus on strong diagnostic & analytical skills
- Experience with MDM solutions like Airwatch or JAMF
- Experience with Identity & Access Management providers like Okta
- Experience troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision & strong time management skills
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount & office space
- A/V knowledge for conference rooms/large meetings (Google Hangouts, Zoom, general telepresence)
- A pleasant demeanor & the ability to communicate in user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to lift, carry, & move network equipment, peripherals, & other ancillary equipment - Lift a minimum of 50Lbs.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)