About your role:
The Director, Site Analytics & Business Intelligence, will lead a team providing regular reporting, in-depth analyses & key insights across our wiki & Tabletop businesses to key stakeholders across Fandom, including Community, Content, Marketing & Product. The Director will play an important role in advancing our insights & data infrastructure, & instilling a data-driven culture at every level in the company.
- Develop & maintain robust performance forecasts to support various key stakeholders within the organization
- Lead the development & rollout of a Business Intelligence system with a set of core dashboards that serve as a voice of truth for each business line & stakeholder group
- Define which analytics needs should be addressed with self-serve solutions (e.g. dashboards) vs. full-serve (through the Analytics team) & create appropriate workflows & solutions for each
- Elevate the data & analytic knowledge level & competence among stakeholders through the introduction of data literacy content & trainings
- Work closely with business leadership to set, socialize & monitor topline & initiative-specific goals & KPIs (collaborate with Product & Marketing analytics where applicable)
- Serve as the voice of the consumer, leveraging data mining & information gathering techniques to identify & interpret patterns & trends in user behavior
- Proactively develop deep-dive analyses to help identify key audience segments, understand usage patterns, & highlight opportunities & risks
- Manage & mentor a team of two analysts
- 10+ years digital analytics experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Expert level experience with major web analytics tools (Google Analytics in particular)
- Strong command of SQL; R, Python, or other programming languages a plus
- Experience with business intelligence platform tooling (e.g. Qlik, Looker, Periscope, Tableau)
- Highly motivated, proactive & able to creatively solve diverse problems
- Strong results-oriented team player with a passion for driving cross functional collaboration
- A storyteller with the ability to clearly articulate & present initiatives to creative & technical teams alike
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches & Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies & healthy food options
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer