Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 25 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As part of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will oversee the day-to-day management & operation of Circles ERM risk assessment program. The goal of the program is to identify, assess, prioritize, mitigate, monitor, test, & report on Circles process areas. The risk assessment program contributes to the overall ERM goal of maintaining & increasing Circle's resiliency by identifying, assessing, & preparing its operations for any internal & external factors & risks that could interfere with reaching its goals & objectives.
What you'll work on:
- Recommend, direct & implement ERM strategies & operations to ensure the ERM framework & risk assessments including the supporting policy, processes, risk appetite statements, tolerances & measures are embedded & operationalized within & throughout Circle & its culture.
- Drive risk assessments, risk awareness & embed risk & the three lines of defense approach across Circle.
- Lead key & critical risk & assessments initiatives in line with a global expansion strategy including assessing the international & local landscape.
- Lead critical cross-functional projects & activities in the areas of risk assessment & remediation across business lines (e.g., product, engineering, treasury).
- Support end-to-end management of ERM risk assessments including identifying, assessing, prioritizing, mitigating, monitoring, testing, & reporting.
- Responsible for ongoing risk management, assessments & engagement across functions by engaging as a key business partner, early in the process, in risk discussions & ad-hoc interactions to support ongoing risk identification, ownership, mitigation & acceptance.
- Proactively support functions in assessing their risk profile & advising where risk controls are needed.
- Advise & provide consultation in enabling the business to calculate the current risk by evaluating the risk factors, suggesting mitigation measures, & alignment with corporate risk statements & tolerances.
- Provide subject matter expertise & input to ensure delivery of risk related awareness, training & orientation to all employees, & other appropriate third parties. Identify requirements to develop, deliver and/or conduct risk training for position specific stakeholders, in coordination with Legal, Compliance & HR.
- Lead & implement periodic reviews, & recommend updates to the policies, processes, tools, & templates to reflect the changing environment (e.g., new products).
- Collaborates with the VP of ERM & Chief Risk & Compliance Officer in projects & responsibilities, as assigned, that may be global in nature.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Committee in providing risk expertise & input into the overall health of the ERM program & provide periodic results of the risk-based monitoring (e.g., assessment/testing) program. Includes providing expert input into developing & maintaining the ERM controls testing program.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Business or Law required; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years working in risk management of a financial services, payments or technology (growth) company.
- Prior experience within building an ERM risk assessment program across regions/countries, functions, multiple jurisdictions.
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks, risk assessment methodology, risk management processes, risk appetite statements, key risk measures/indicators (leading vs lagging), & review.
- Experience in embedding a risk culture in a rapidly expanding business environment, preferable technology or financial services.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.