Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is looking for Senior Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally & drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective & distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions & provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts & infrastructure architects.
- Design, implement & evolve applications & pipelines to automate best-in-class CI/CD platform.
- Design & develop APIs, abstractions & integration patterns for a lean SDLC process.
- Design & develop automation, management & monitoring of our infrastructure ecosystem.
- Design & develop new features of our release engineering platform.
- Design & develop key elements of our continuous security platform.
- Support in triaging & troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment.
- Document design tradeoffs & long-term architecture decisions.
- Advocate for software development best practices.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from recognized university.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent.
- 3+ years of experience in Linux coding or systems programming.
- 3+ years of experience in application development experience in major languages, e.g: Golang/Python/C/C++.
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD automation.
- Strong background with scripting (shell, python, go, bash, ...)
- Strong background with git & complex development workflows.
- Strong background with SDLCs including version control, build process, testing, & code releases.
- Experience with Jenkins platform.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage & networking protocols.
- Experience working in Agile development cycles.
- Experience on building a CD system on AWS or Google Cloud is a plus.
- Experience on being an application developer (being the consumer of a CD system) is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Groovy language is a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.