Are you looking for a new Senior Frontend Software Engineering career opportunity that allows you to:
- Solve hard problems & be a major contributor
- Work on an industry leading, desktop quality computer-assisted translation tool, desktop quality application
- Work closely with product to design & delivery quality features in a continuous delivery environment
- Work with a modern Frontend & SOA infrastructure
- Work with the latest frameworks & technologies in the cloud
- Build systems that serve millions of requests a day with billions of data points
Smartling will give you these opportunities to work on bleeding edge technologies, in a team environment that fosters collaboration & innovative problem solving. You will be joining an existing team building & maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application, which allows our clients & professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites & documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology & Fortune 500 worlds.
Our processes & beliefs
- TDD - Test Driven Development
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily
- SOA/Micro-frontends - Service Oriented Architecture & APIs
- Full test automation - we have no QA team
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture
Tasks at hand
- Improve & extend the architecture of our Computer-assist Translation application using React + Redux, TypeScript, Node.js, & ES2017.
- Working closely with product managers & backend teams to determine application direction.
- Work closely with developers of other Smartling applications to develop shared architectures, code & React components.
- Write application code, tests, & participate in code reviews.
- Debug performance issues in a ci/cd environment in a 100% uptime critical application.
- 5+ years of frontend SPA experience including 2+ of architecture & software design.
- Experience working closely with product teams.
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming.
- Browser Performance & TDD.
- Experience with Node (Express).
Nice To Have
- Open Source projects.
- Experience with AWS & infrastructure.
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST).
- Monorepos (Lerna).
- Creative /Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness & the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous /Self-started. Work well & achieve results with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus & positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- Timeliness. Consistently punctual & dependable.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan - just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.