Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring & onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how were supporting our team & communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive & connect, whenever & wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people & 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven & learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, were looking for an SEO Manager to join our Acquisition Marketing team. This person will develop & own both onsite & offsite SEO strategies. They will execute & lead SEO projects on core landing pages & will support other teams in SEO optimization where relevant.
As SEO Manager, you will be the voice of SEO at Grammarly, ensuring its consideration in the many areas of work that impact organic search. You will be responsible for growing new user acquisition by driving relevant organic search traffic to Grammarlys web propertiesincluding both traditional SEO & ASO for our landing pages on desktop browser application stores.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an SEO strategy to grow organic search traffic & conversions that align with larger company goals & priorities; execute against that roadmap; & track performance.
- Grow & refine Grammarlys topical keyword strategy.
- Develop & own processes to ensure ongoing SEO site health & maintenance.
- Contribute SEO expertise to the overall website strategy & collaborate with teammates to build new landing pages that drive relevant traffic by meeting search intent.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to implement SEO-friendly technical changes (e.g., Web Vitals).
- Collaborate with the Content Strategy team to develop & optimize content for search.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends & communicate important information or changes to key stakeholders.
- Perform audits, research, & competitive analysis as necessary.
Were looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER valuesis ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, & remarkable.
- Has a well-rounded background in SEO, including on-page, off-site, & technical SEO.
- Is creative & resourceful, with a track record of innovating & trying out-of-the-box methods to achieve a goal, even with limited resources.
- Thinks strategically & understands how SEO impacts overall website, marketing, & business strategies.
- Can work both autonomously & collaboratively, depending on the project.
- Builds strong, positive working relationships across departments & functions, with an ability to create buy-in & have conversations on technical aspects with an engineer, business outcomes with a product marketer, & editorial SEO requirements with the Content Strategy team.
- Utilizes data (both quantitative & qualitative) to understand patterns, make decisions, & identify opportunities.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of both B2C & B2B SEO.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing.
- Experience working on a high-traffic website.
- Understanding of international domains & multiple languages.
Support for you, professionally & personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, & we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, & regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, & we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues & accomplishments with global, local, & team-specific events & programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample & defined time off, catered lunches, gym & recreation stipends, admission discounts, & more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, & we encourage allespecially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizationsto apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer & participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.