Who we are
At Justworks, were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data driven & never stop iterating. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, diversity & inclusion & wellness program offerings, company events, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We're united by shared goals & shared motivations. These are best summed up in our company values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity & Simplicity which are reflected in our product & in our team. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you!
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our People Operations team is charged with ensuring our People & Talent systems, tools & processes support our growing people & business needs. The People Operations Coordinator is an integral part of Justworks growth & success by ensuring the accuracy & integrity of employee data & HR systems & serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.
Who you are
- Committed to delivering an outstanding employee experience through responsive & compassionate interactions with all levels of employees & management
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize & multitask
- Detail-oriented with a core focus on ensuring data integrity & accuracy
- Adaptable to the changing needs of a fast moving, high growth organization
- Self-starter, proactive & a team player where no task is too small for you
- Vigilant in maintaining confidentiality & discretion at all times
- Passionate about pursuing a career in Human Resources
What you'll do
Deliver an amazing employee experience by:
- Serving as a key point of contact for operational employee support
- Managing the queue of open employee questions & seeking out creative solutions to provide guidance, troubleshoot & resolve issues, escalating when necessary
- Ensuring administrative execution of new hire onboarding & terminations including paperwork collection & storage, I-9 completion, e-verify, & HR systems updates
- Owning all aspects of employee data throughout the full employee life cycle including data entry, updates & audits
- Reviewing & submitting payroll for hourly employees & scheduling requests for off-cycle & supplemental payments
- Supporting benefits & perks administration & visa processing
- Ensuring timely & accurate delivery of recurring & ad hoc HR reports
- Developing & maintaining strong partnerships with key stakeholders including Legal & Compliance, Finance, Benefit Operations & IT
- Completing other projects, as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year previous experience in payroll, human resources or HRIS preferred
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn & use new software (G-Suite, HRIS) and with at least intermediate Excel skills
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Work environment/Physical activities & requirements
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm including a one-hour meal break
- Minimal travel required
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual is regularly required to talk & hear, sit, use wrists, hands, and/or fingers in repetitive movements, reach with hands & arms, stand, walk, & occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, & lift items of up to 15 lbs.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. In accordance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.