The Director, Privacy & Cybersecurity Counsel will work cross-functionally with the Legal, Security, Product, Technology & Business Development teams to continue building Privacy by Design into the many new products & services CLEAR is speeding to market each day. You will have deep knowledge & experience with privacy-related compliance obligations under frameworks like HIPAA, CCPA & GDPR, & will support our efforts to expand internationally with a privacy mindset.
What You'll Do:
- Own privacy- & data protection-related inquiries from external stakeholders, senior leadership & across the company, providing strategic & practical advice on legal requirements & compliance
- Provide counsel on regulatory developments, including the ongoing monitoring & tracking of trends in privacy & security laws, enforcement, regulations, & public policy
- Design & conduct awareness & training efforts to enhance team member understanding of data privacy obligations & compliance, data privacy policies, data handling practices & procedures
- Scope international privacy compliance requirements to support our expanding business, & collaborate with technology & product stakeholders to assure that CLEAR meets those requirements
- Own implementation of compliant solutions to existing & new legislative & regulatory developments to ensure ongoing compliance
How You'll Measure Success:
- Documented evidence of successful incorporation of CLEAR Privacy Principles in new products & services
- Sought after as a thought partner across the company on privacy & privacy-related matters
- Evolve existing privacy training programs to address changing legal & regulatory frameworks while maintain utility & practicality
What You're Great At:
- 7+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house, with knowledge of & experience with privacy regulatory & legal frameworks including CCPA & GDPR
- Working directly with non-lawyers to minimize & resolve issues quickly & effectively
- Motivated by responsibility & autonomy to solve problems
- Providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions
- Business communication & analytical skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership & accountability
- CIPP-US or related certifications are a plus
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $200,000 - 240,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 16+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.