Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As the Technical Services Manager at Intersection, you will lead a small but very capable team that provides best in class support across the organization supporting the main office in New York & remote locations across the US. Youll be a part of a high-performing group that shapes, develops & manages our internal IT end-points, services & systems leveraging automation at every opportunity to increase efficiency.
Your first 30 days, you will:
- Get to know the team & understand their goals
- Coach the team at every opportunity to ensure alignment with team, business & personal goals
- Understand the organizations technology needs
- Review & tune Zendesk configurations
- Lead the Service Delivery team in providing support for Intersection & its partners
- Solve a large handful of tickets yourself
Your first year, you will:
- Lead, management & challenge the team to continuously improve service & satisfaction levels at every opportunity
- Drive results in key KPI categories across all systems & drive the team to be evermore data-driven
- Partner with the network & systems teams to roll out & improve organization-wide solutions
- Assist with the selection, consolidation, & relationship of partners, vendors & SaaS applications, including negotiation, evaluation, & deployment of applications
- Manage & secure all of our end-points, mobile & compute, through its entire lifecycle all the way from equipment selection, procurement, vendor management to imaging, configuration/client management & decommissioning
- Manage technology procurement & selection processes side by side with our purchasing department
- Lead the continuous improvement strategy within the department by identifying the root cause of issues, analysing them & then working collaboratively with the team to implement changes
You are awesome for this role because you have:
- You are resourceful with the ability to understand the goal & just get things done
- Youre passionate about service & technology & always looking to get better at both
- You have 2+ years of management experience
- You have 5+ years of experience in technology
- You have solid experience administering SaaS apps like G Suite, Slack, Jira, Zendesk, JAMF
- Youre an expert troubleshooter
- You take pride in your documentation & implementing just the right amount process to bring order to chaos
- You have the drive to maximize productivity & efficiency in all things by leveraging the optimal blend of people, process & technology
- Youre not afraid of A/V support