Since the digitization of the grocery & meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, were now the fastest growing company in Europe & the biggest European startup in the US - active & growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents. Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
Safety & Loss Prevention
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Safety & Loss Prevention Manager to our team The Safety & Loss Prevention Manager, reports directly to the Director of Safety & Security. As an SLPM you will lead workplace safety initiatives for our distribution operations! You will be on the front lines of production & immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, & champion a culture of safety!
- Ensure OSHA compliance within the DC including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs); New Hire safety training & ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding & Chemical Safety; all necessary recordkeeping & reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Lead a team of Safety Coordinators
- Lead a team of onsite security guards
- Assist management team during post-accident root cause analysis
- Act as the management teams subject matter expert for safety & security questions
- Assist with any OSHA inspections, visits including recordkeeping & OSHA investigations
- Chair our Safety Committee & lead our committee in improving building conditions & work practices
- Collect & analyze data to identify safety or injury trends & develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors & visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan & liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine & non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation & coaching operators
- Develop training materials including toolbox talks, standard operating procedures (SOPs) & others
- Manage the relationship with site security & ensures security services are being provided for each DC
- Assist with inventory shrinkage & other deliberate damage/product theft investigations as needed
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production & logistics as needed
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes & results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport & communicate at all levels; youre confident sharing ideas & are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it & completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact & deliver presentations that inspire & influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- 5+ years occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS, particularly in a distribution or fulfillment environment
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- Four year degree in business, safety or security preferred
- Wicklander & Zulawski Interview & Interrogation Certification or similar certification
- Certified Safety Management Specialist through the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks & lockout/tagout
- Superior communication & presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)