If you're passionate about creating a high-performing culture & inspiring positive & engaging leadership, then you could be our next VP of Talent. At CIC Health, our team is our most valuable asset, & in this position, you'll have the unique opportunity to build an internal talent team & lead the end-to-end talent cycle for our innovative & growing organization. The VP of talent is a key member of the senior leadership team who will report to, & collaborate directly with, the President in helping shape the experience of our people at CIC Health. This role oversees all people functions for the company, & will partner with the senior leadership team as a strategic advisor on key people issues throughout the organization. The VP of Talent is constantly focused on creating, implementing & refining processes across human resources, talent acquisition, culture, & professional development. This role is ideal for a high EQ, results-oriented, mission-driven leader eager to make an impact in a rapidly-evolving healthcare delivery environment.
ABOUT CIC HEALTH
CIC Health is one of the fastest growing healthcare logistics & services startups in New England & is expanding nationally. We provide COVID-19 testing services to organizations such as schools, colleges, companies, elder care facilities, & others, as well as individual customers. For organizations we integrate CLIA-certified laboratories, physician oversight, result reporting, & billing software. For individual customers we simplify the overall testing experience by making it easy to schedule & pay for your test online. No more waiting in lines. Our testing services are accessible, fast & easy. You can learn more about CIC Health offerings here. CIC Health is a subsidiary of CIC - learn more below.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster. We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public. We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
This role reports directly to the President of CIC Health & has direct responsibility for several functional areas, including human resources administration & operation, talent acquisition, talent development, & HR management systems. Key areas of focus include: Management & oversight of the Talent team to ensure that all programs & initiatives are integrated & effective in supporting the overall mission, goals, & objectives of CIC Health. Directly participating in organizational planning & decision-making as a member of the Senior Leadership team. Providing high-level, proactive, & aligned talent partnership to the C-Suite & peer-level VPs. Serving as a strategic leader whose role is to advance CIC Health's mission by supporting the organization's primary asset-its talent.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Human Resources Administration & Operations
• Serve as internal consultant & strategic advisor to the CEO & President & senior leadership team on people & culture development.
• Serve as the primary knowledge expert in all aspects of people & culture - recruitment, onboarding, learning & development, compensation, benefits, training, retention, employee engagement & change management; bring technological applications & efficiencies to those processes while delivering a high-quality user experience.
• Lead, manage, & develop an efficient & highly competent Talent team who serve as valuable partners to the management of the organization, & supportive advocates of effective staff management & development.
• Work closely with the team on human resources initiatives & programs.
Oversee & coach work of HR leaders who manage employee relations, HR policies, recruitment, relocation, & compensation & benefits administration.
• Align our talent strategy to be an employer of choice within our industry.
Guide senior leaders in implementing employee engagement initiatives at the organizational, team, & individual employee levels.
• Work with the general counsel (GC) to ensure regulatory compliance with all state & federal employment laws.
• Ensure strategic HR goals, policies & programs are aligned with CIC Health's business initiatives & service standards.
• Collaborate & partner with the office of the GC, as needed, on employee relations matters, anticipating regulatory changes, & implementing strategies to ensure adherence to ethical standards across the organization.
• Create & support an engaged & energized workforce.
Prepare regular senior leadership & board-level reporting & analysis.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
• In partnership with the President, supports the development, articulation, & implementation of a DEI strategy to embed equity across the organization.
• Under the guidance of the CEO & President, & in collaboration with the senior leadership team, provides strategic leadership & change management of layering equity into the lifecycle of talent management-recruitment & retention of diverse candidates & staff, respectively; organization engagement & performance management that is inclusive & equitable, respectively; training & development; succession planning; & compensation & benefits, all of which are also inclusive & equitable.
• Help set the tone & nurture a collaborative & culturally competent workplace environment & promote a culture of belonging & respect.
• Provide organizational leadership around culture assessment & development, introducing & managing organizational change & development initiatives.
Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits
• Build out a world-class internal talent acquisition team that combines a data-focused approach with an empathetic & inclusive lens to recruit a diverse & brilliant team.
• Design & implement strategies to attract, retain & engage exceptional talent, & to ensure the ideal candidate & employee experience.
• Lead efforts to enhance CIC Health's reputation as the employer of choice, & directly manage the talent acquisition & recruitment processes for staff at multiple levels, including: hourly staff, contract staff, managers, & senior leadership.
• Assess, coach & mentor the Talent team to help them develop the skills & competencies required to meet organizational needs.
• Partner with the finance team to design compensation & incentives are aligned with top performance.
• Provides strategic direction & oversight on compensation & benefits, ensuring regulatory compliance, equity, & competitive salary levels necessary to attract & retain qualified staff.
• Modernize & make transparent our compensation philosophy & structure.
• Design a comprehensive strategy to integrate practices that focus on total wellness programming.
• This includes the processes for managing, analyzing, & determining the salary, incentives, & benefits each employee receives.
• Directs overall management of staff recruitment & employment processes, ensuring that all federal & state laws, regulations, & standards are met, & that CIC Health equal opportunity & diversity goals are met.
• Drive talent acquisition through the establishment of meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs) & benchmarks to deliver on business needs.
Leadership, Talent Development, & Succession Planning
• Direct the development of training & organizational development programs through staff or external consultants that address personal, professional, & organizational needs of employees & departments, supporting equitable opportunities for continuous learning.
• Better utilize data to build scale leadership, talent development plans, & formulate cross-organizational processes to facilitate aligned succession plans.
• Provide an equitable focus on administrative support.
• Work with the President & senior leadership team to establish a sound plan of succession that corresponds to the mission, strategy, & goals of CIC Health.
• Design, implement & oversee a talent management strategy & succession planning process that builds internal bench strength & ensures high potential leaders are ready to fill critical roles.
• Augment & manage an ongoing effective performance feedback process.
• Provide advice & counsel to managers, & work directly with managers & employees to assist them in resolving issues.
• Continuously project human capital needs & challenges & develop actionable initiatives to address them.
• Oversee the career transition process for staff & leaders.
• Identify & evaluate gaps between current & future performance & processes to develop business focused solutions that sustainably improve organizational-wide effectiveness.
• Strategically plan the continuous development of new workforce initiatives as well as the continuous qualitative enhancement of existing workforce practices.
HR Management Systems
• Select, operationalize & provide leadership oversight of a dedicated HR information system, providing technology & systems support to improve work efficiency & effectiveness for Talent staff members.
• Develop key analytics to monitor & regularly report on all critical workforce indicators, & develop plans for continuous improvement for workforce excellence & engagement.
• Development of predictive models, scenario planning, risk analysis & mitigation, integration with strategic planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
WITHIN THE FIRST SIX MONTHS
This position offers the unique opportunity to design & build an exceptional talent team & craft internal capacity to support a high-performing organization. Within the first six months, you'll assess current capabilities & design the necessary internal infrastructure & team structure. Some talent employees as well as information & reporting systems are currently shared with CIC Health's parent company & will need to be evaluated for operational independence. The goal is to create necessary infrastructure to support CIC Health's rapidly expanding business. Serve as a key contributor in CIC Health's strategic planning process & transition to it's post-pandemic business initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced, results-oriented, mission-driven leader eager to make an impact in a rapidly-evolving healthcare delivery environment.
As CIC Health develops over & against the shifting realities of the pandemic, you will demonstrate poise, flexibility, & acuity to make week-to-week adjustments.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
• An experienced human resources leader with strong communication & interpersonal skills.
• A trusted advisor to senior leadership on key talent, personnel & strategic initiatives.
• A results-oriented individual with seven to 10 years of relevant experience & the ability to work in a dynamic & rapidly evolving environment.
• An independent, self-motivated individual with a positive, service-focused attitude.
• Someone with excellent judgment & a strong work ethic.
• A strong collaborator & partner with demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional collaboration in pursuit of the organization's mission.
• A bachelor's degree in human resources, psychology, business administration, or a relevant field.
• Seven to 10 years of experience in human resources, including five or more years in a leadership role, or equivalent combination of experience, education or training.
• Demonstrated success with development of HR functions, cultural transformation, change management, as well as diversity, equity & inclusion.
• Relevant experience driving complex change initiatives to effectively align the organization & talent to deliver on business objectives.
• A demonstrated understanding of advanced concepts, principles, & practices in the following areas: HR compliance, including a working knowledge of federal & multi-state employment laws & regulations. Talent acquisition strategies to attract & retain the best talent. Leadership development. Benefits negotiation, administration, & plan design. Compensation planning & administration. HRIS management.
• The ability to lead a diverse team in an inclusive & collaborative environment.
• A desire to be part of a mission-driven healthcare delivery organization with prior experience in a healthcare delivery organization strongly preferred.
• Master's degree & HR certifications (SHRM, PHR) preferred.
As of August 2021, a condition of employment for all new CIC employees in Massachusetts is full COVID-19 vaccination. More details will be shared during the interview process & we can answer questions at that point if you have any. If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 100% company-paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Four weeks of vacation plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
Discounted services & memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site. CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support.
We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions & experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.