Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views & reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) & Seeker (the digital leader in science & innovation).
Group Nine Media is looking for a strategicHR Business Partner to be based in our NYC office. This individual will be driving business strategy across the company using tools such as proactive organizational & talent management, performance management, employee relations, & leadership coaching. This role will act as the day-to-day resource for employees & will partner closely with the growing HR team supporting our brands, operations & leadership team.
The HR Business Partner will lead by example in demonstrating our companys values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with executives to design & deliver targeted solutions, including strategic workforce planning, change management & team building
- Ability to identify opportunities & partner with the business to drive incremental action
- Act as a respected & trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, while effectively addressing day-today issues including communication, management, performance, career development & respect in the workplace
- Partner with the VP, People in handling employee relations matters that arise with the highest professional standards, providing counseling & coaching to managers & employees; ensuring an expedited & effective resolution
- Be a trusted advisor & the primary point of contact for leadership - providing coaching, feedback & advice in a proactive & compassionate manner
- Acts as a strategic change agent to push & implement constant improvement across the business
- 4-6 years of HR generalist experience
- Knowledge & practical application of HR disciplines including: employment & labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design & compensation philosophies
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced & ever changing business environment
- Upbeat, highly collaborative & solution oriented
- Experience working in a union environment is a plus!
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.