At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a General Manager to revolutionize transportation one of our largest & strategic markets. This leader will have some P&L management responsibility for the Ontario market & lead large teams executing against operational strategies. Market growth, strategic direction, difficult trade-offs the buck stops with you. As the General Manager you will report to the VP, Canada & be based in our Toronto office.
Luckily, youll also have a phenomenal team behind you. You will work closely with many of Lyfts cross-functional subject matter experts in product, engagement, online acquisition, brand, & more. The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyfts vision of improving people's lives with the world's best transportation. We are passionate about defining Lyft as the ground transportation partner of choice, ruthless about our results, & value our diversity, inclusion, & having fun.
- Management for the local Toronto market to leverage our local presence to win on Local Lyft Fleet P&L, Driver Centers, Airport Operations, & much more
- Achieve growth goals - rides, activations, revenue
- Strengthen & grow the driver community via events, promotions, communications, & training
- Build the passenger base through local marketing
- Support the public relations & public policy teams by representing Lyft
- Navigate the regulatory landscape - negotiate, problem solve, & operationalize to ensure Lyft can continue to grow
- Synthesize market feedback & recommendations for HQ
- Build & maintain reports, dashboards, & metrics to monitor performance
- Hire & lead a team of high performing talent
- 7+ years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, & building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Experience inspiring a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling an operations organization into an efficient & effective team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring & retaining a high-performing team
- Operational & data-driven mindset, obsessed with eliminating wastes & creating efficiencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box & are resourceful & fiscally responsible
- Highly collaborative with the proven ability to manage large scale projects & influence cross-functionally
- Comfortable leading within matrixed organizations, pulling in thought leaders from both internal & external resources to foster knowledge & expertise for their teams
- Experience working in local Toronto government or with local/provincial regulators
- Experience working as part of a field team managing multiple locations
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values
- Extended health & dental coverage options
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year
- Retirement Savings Plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy.Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.