As our Junior Recipe Developer, you will support the Culinary guild by assisting with menu development in our high-energy Test Kitchen. You will ideate & test recipes weekly, adhering to the Plated brand & style guides. This is a unique opportunity to work & learn in a highly collaborative & fast-paced environment, & to help ensure our Customers can recreate the same experience with our physical product in their own kitchens.
What Youll be Doing
- Write recipes with the Plated Customer in mind, adhering to brand style guides, expectations, & parameters
- Supports timely execution of all recipe tests & photo shoots
- Test 4-6 recipes per week with various serving sizes
- Test recipes efficiently & smartly to create excellent cooking experiences
- Manage recipes in our content management system; responsible for testing note entry & communication
- Assist in preparation for all photo shoot materials
- Help maintain a clean & organized Test Kitchen
- Write additional recipes for blogs as needed
- Test new & potential ingredients for introduction
What You Bring to the Table
- Culinary degree required with proven culinary technique
- 1-2 years of experience working in a test kitchen environment
- 1+ years of experience with recipe writing & testing
- Experience working with G-Suite & CMS platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to take clear, descriptive notes during recipe testing
- Receptive to feedback
- Can balance advanced culinary skill while keeping the home-cook in mind
- Excellent, team-oriented communication skills
Physical Job Demands & Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, & use hands & fingers to operate kitchen tools & equipment, & a computer
- Exposure to a fast-paced & highly collaborative kitchen environment
- Extended stationary standing in Test Kitchen
- Exposure to commercial kitchen equipment hazards
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.