About This Position
Were looking for a passionate, motivated intern to work with our engineering team on needed infrastructure, financial forecasting, & marketing related initiatives. The ideal candidate will be comfortable implementing features across our web-stack, communicating with the product team, helping develop requirements, & writing clear, effective code. This is a perfect opportunity for a college computer-science, math, or related engineering major to join a fast-paced startup with a solid engineering process.
- Work with other Software Engineers across the stack on developing product-related features
- Communicate with key project stakeholders about technical requirements, results, & ideas
- Participate in code reviews & commit high-quality code
- Participate in Engineering conversations around technical direction & implementation
- Work with Product Managers, Compliance & Security to understand the impact & responsibility of feature work & their implications across the system & business
- Develop an understanding of the existing infrastructure setup & data attributes
- Current Computer Science, math, or related major undergraduate college student in good standing
- Comfort & hands-on experience with web-based technologies (Ruby on Rails and/or React knowledge is a plus)
- Interest in working in a fast-paced professional environment
- Understanding of Git or other version control systems
- Ability & desire to work in our New York City office for a 10-week paid internship
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work.Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.