At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking to push the team to go even faster within a hyper-growth startup? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be a Regulatory Compliance Counsel at Lyft!
We're looking for an attorney who will be a part of the Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, digesting, synthesizing, communicating, & ultimately fulfilling Lyfts regulatory requirements. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to implement our compliance objectives for Lyft Bikes & Scooters. This role reports to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process to advocate for appropriate bike & scooter regulations & support Lyfts Public Policy team on legislative initiatives
- Track, document & ensure compliance with Lyfts legal obligations in highly regulated & complex jurisdictions
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to prepare new markets for bike & scooter launches
- Coordinate response & submission of reports & audits, as required by applicable regulations
- Research, communicate & provide legal advice on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyfts Operations, Marketing, Finance, Communications, Public Policy, Customer Support, Product & other teams teams
- Work collaboratively with regulators to determine relevant requirements, negotiate & advocate for favorable interpretations that benefit Lyft & its riders
- Gather & synthesize data relating to our compliance requirements
- Manage more junior members of the team
- JD Degree from a top school
- Admitted to the bar & in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in the state in which the position is located (e.g. have register in-house status)
- 5+ years of legal experience working in a legal or compliance role, preferably within a law firm or start up company
- Experience making presentations before public agencies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to think both tactically & strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly & manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to accomplish compliance objectives
- Experience managing others
- Passion for Lyft & its community
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.