Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Designer, Luggage to join our Product Design team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience working within an in-house design team to communicate design concepts & products. You will report to the Senior Director, Design based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Assist in the design of our growing line of luggage & interior organizers
- Provide support in sketching & updating tech packs in Illustrator
- Review samples & organize components, to ensure all parts are accounted for at various stages in the design process
- Maintain knowledge of current trends & relevant products on the market, as well as user-centered methodologies
- Daily communication with the Product Development team on timelines & updates
- Continual refinement of our product offering, while ensuring brand integrity is maintained
Who you are:
- At least 3+ years of relevant design work experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, & 3D modeling software required
- Basic understanding of product construction, & materials
- Flexibility & time management, ability to prioritize multiple projects, & take responsibility for deadlines
- Have an understanding of minimal design, a solid understanding of color, & enthusiasm to problem solve
- An excellent communicator
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Always willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Proactive to work across multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Be prepared to take on new & varied responsibilities at a rapidly growing consumer brand
- Passionate about travel & travel products
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.