About the Team
The Soft Products Quality Engineering Team is responsible for the development & implementation of all of Harry's quality standards, inspection protocols & ALL of the manufacturing processes which includes molding, batching, & finished goods production. The team works closely with the Packaging & R&D teams to validate all new component molds & formula production from concept through Mass Production. As we continue to expand into new categories, the Quality team will be an instrumental partner in supporting new exciting innovation & brand success.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to lead the creation & implementation of quality standards & inspection processes for new Soft Products (personal care) being developed by Harry's, & ensure that we continue to deliver high-value quality products in a timely & cost effective fashion. You will lead the validation of new tooling & finished goods production of our new product pipeline. Additionally, you will support in diagnosing customer complaints & driving corrective actions by changing manufacturing processes, test methods, quality systems & product designs. You will work with cross-functional teams in the New York office & with our third party manufacturing partners globally in a role that will have a tremendous impact on the company, & most importantly, on our customers.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring your passion & enthusiasm for Quality to work every day. We work hard, & laugh hard.
- Management of new packaging tooling development & validation from pilot cavity through mass production tooling utilizing SPC data to ensure the suppliers process capabilities meet industry standards.
- Develop secondary tooling to provide additional supply chain capacity to support our growing brands
- Robust knowledge of injection molding, EBM (extrusion blow molding), ISBM (injection stretch blow molding) technologies & their capabilities
- Material science background / experience. Polymer(s) experience is preferred.
- Analyze technical drawings through tolerancing & stack-up evaluations on critical assemblies
- Evaluate risks & develop clear mitigation plans with support of management & cross-functional peers in R&D & Supply Chain
- Draft & seek guidance on product / package testing plans & analyze / interpret results
- Implement quality tools such as: process mapping, Process FMEA, process control plans, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), Measurement System Analysis (MSA/GR&R), Statistical Process Control (SPC); & Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Support advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations.
- Manage Harrys Soft Product (personal care) packaging & fill-line qualification at our third party manufacturing partners.
- Proactively work with the Product Development team & suppliers to improve design for manufacturability & reduce defects & cost.
- Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals & Harry's requirements. Execute supplier audits, CAPAs & monitor metrics.
- Work cross-functionally (especially with the broader Supply Chain, Product Development & Engineering teams) to define & execute Supplier Quality Management & Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced & manufactured products.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release & on-going production.
- Work with suppliers to quickly address & resolve any quality issues seen during on-going production.
- Own the issuance of the finished goods specifications with support from our Package Engineering & Process Engineering teams
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers & internal cross functional partners.
This should describe you:
- BS in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, other related disciplines, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the consumer products manufacturing world with knowledge of component development & finished goods production.
- Having knowledge of a variety of mechanical material properties of polymers & packaging components such as aerosols, pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, pumps
- Honest, direct, & ability to articulate & defend technical recommendations & decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Experience in Tolerance & Stack Analysis of new product & package designs
- Experience using Statistical Analytic tools in manufacturing
- Experience with 3D CAD software is a strong plus
- Extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Life-long learner: You love learning new things & are not afraid to admit when you dont know an answer
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Soft Products Quality & Process Engineering
- Working in the Quality Team with Process Engineering
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Packaging Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Sourcing, Logistics, Design, Retail & Brand Marketing.
- Externally, you will work with packaging component suppliers, printing & decorating suppliers, & contract manufacturing & filling sites.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.