Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for an exceptional Data Quality Manager to join our rapidly expanding Financial Business Systems team. Positioned in our NYC office, you will play a central role in building a framework for allowing the business to effectively utilize & drive data quality. Your core focus will be to ensure the overall fitness of our financial systems data in order to provide a solid foundation for informing business decisions & initiatives. You will help define key business metrics & champion the need for strategic data collection & analysis across all of our business processes.
At Compass You Will
- Lead a team of data analyst(s) in building & maintaining data processing solutions, data models, data quality initiatives, & reports for supporting the organization
- Ensure continuity between multiple data sources & establish automated, streamlined processes for maintaining quality assurance
- Develop a data governance framework for defining & enforcing best data quality practices
- Leverage business intelligence tools & organizational structures to deliver accurate & useful information
- Identify & address data quality weaknesses & implement controls to combat outdated or unreliable data practices
- Measure the accuracy, completeness, consistency, & timeliness of our data
- Engage with business stakeholders on defining future data needs & data gaps in our current processes.
- Mentor & guide direct reports through 1:1 meetings & long-term career planning, provide formal performance reviews, & participate in hiring
- Foster a positive team culture of collaboration, passion, & open communication
- Provide support to the Financial Business Systems team to execute on departmental KPIs
What We're Looking For
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience working in business intelligence, data modeling, data analytics or related roles
- One to two (1-2) years of experience managing a team, stakeholder expectations, & developing yearly roadmaps.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, similar formal technical education (Mathematics, Statistics, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with BI tools - Tableau or Looker preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex data sets
- Strong business communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on meeting deadlines & addressing urgent situations
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!