RAPP New York is looking for a Senior Director, Experience Analytics to join our award-winning Marketing Sciences team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists & Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets
The Sr Director of Analytics oversees the marketing sciences strategy & analytic insight across client engagements leading the efforts to inform, power, measure & optimize omnichannel marketing efforts.
We are looking for someone who really understands how data science intersects with decision making, & how that applies to real client problems (from where their stores should be located, to implementing algorithms that predict the best price for each & every customer). Someone who can help lead & grow the departments external profile & the talented individuals within them.
Youll run high-profile projects to answer complex strategic questions using data; persuading our clients to follow the right data-driven strategy; helping continue our growth trajectory through pitching for new business & growing & retaining existing clients; & helping to build out our core propositions & products.
This position supervises a team of junior team members, works closely with cross-functional agency leadership & interfaces directly with senior clients.
- Identify, scope, propose & direct the appropriate application of Marketing Science offerings (Analytics, Enablement, Data Science, & Data Visualization) across a high volume e-commerce fashion client
- Design & recommend appropriate analytic methodology & approaches to accomplish client goals
- Develop phased evolutionary roadmaps for clients to progress their analytical sophistication over time
- Consultatively drive strategic thinking & decision making for our leading clients
- Demonstrate to others how to write compelling documents / presentations around analytics & strategy the art of storytelling
- Provide managerial leadership for junior team members to enable & guide them to:
- Craft best-in-class statistically significant measurement & reporting to brief into your team to implement, & create a results-driven / test, learn & optimization culture for the client
- Develop strategic & advanced analytics roadmaps, prioritizing clients time & budget
- Use quantitative data to assess & reveal customer profiles, customer segments & customer behaviors to enable business & marketing decision-making & strategy
- Inform business rules development for dynamic communications strategies through effective correlation of customer segmentation, behavioral patterns & trigger events
- Establish meaningful KPIs, define learning agendas & establish thorough measurement, data & attribution (MDA) plans for client roster
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze outcomes & translate into actionable insights & recommendations
- Stay abreast on industry trends, marketing sciences best practices & marketing technology ecosystems & be able to articulate those trends & systems to our clients & internal RAPP network of colleagues
- Actively participate in new business pitches including team leadership, content creation & in-room presentation
- Oversee staff development plans for direct reports, providing feedback & performance evaluations, coaching, & training as required
- 8+ years marketing analytics experience, at least 3 years with Advertising/Marketing agency
- Bachelors degree or higher in related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive working background in digital analytics (site analytics, social, EM, online, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of database marketing principles & database structure
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, marketing mathematical rigor, test & learn plans & ROI
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles & best in class methodologies
- Working knowledge of digital measurement technologies (tagging, web services, digital tools, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social/digital listening tools
- Understanding of emerging research methodologies & technologies
- Proven analytical skills including interpretation of data & translation into actionable insights
- Strong communication, presentation & data story-telling skills
- Strong management skills & a proven track record of talent development
- Understand the art of possible in data science techniques
- Strong knowledge of experimental test design techniques
- Luxury commerce experience a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.