Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will work directly with our software scrum teams to ensure we are moving quickly while delivering a great experience to our customers. You must have knowledge in software testing methodologies, automation best practices, & system development life cycle (SDLC). This position requires someone who has experience working with teams of engineers, is very detail oriented, & who understands infrastructure operations & application development methodologies.
You will design & write automated programs for functional testing, integration testing, performance testing, & sanity testing. After test phases, the engineer will be responsible for monitoring results, defect logging, & validation of defect fixes. You will also be responsible for creating a scalable & reusable automation framework that will be used by engineers across multiple teams. Youll also collaborate with leads from across the engineering org to knowledge share best testing practices & deployment workflows.
What Youll Do
- Mentor & knowledge share best testing practices with our engineering teams.
- Design, develop & maintain a scalable testing infrastructure for our mobile iOS & Android applications & our service oriented backend architecture.
- Ensuring that delivery adheres to Testing Standards: that all changes have sufficient test coverage, with documented test cases & that those test cases are executed & defects fixed. Own & improve the test plans & automation tests;
- Involved in discussions with developers, QA analysts, business analysts & project managers & be responsible for progress/issue reporting
- Undertake QA activities (test planning & test execution)
- Ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, & that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle.
- Introduce new technologies related to automation
- 2+ years experience developing & building software automation systems
- Mobile test automation experience specifically testing both Android & iOS platforms
- Hands-on experience building quality backend & frontend test automation software (experience with Cypress.io, Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium, and/or Jenkins is a plus)
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong understanding of REST design principles & the HTTP application protocol
- Strong written & oral communication skills in English
- Experience in testing complex systems & business flows
- Consistently see the overall big picture situation rather than only focus on the details & specific tasks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & collaborate with other automation engineers
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need