Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking a Sous Chef to join our Culinary Team. The Sous Chef will report directly to the Executive Chef.
What Youll Do:
Were looking for a Sous Chef to join Convenes prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high-volume environments with a focus on presentation & conference style catering. As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation & overall food quality & presentation, as well as assisting in daily ordering & inventory.
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, & other pertinent information
- Participate in company-wide cost savings initiatives
- Cooperate with implementation of cooperative training programs
- Display passion for increasing knowledge of the culinary field through collaborative development & curation of menus & specials
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, & proper food handling
- Cultivate a kitchen environment conducive to learning & growth opportunity through a pattern of hands-on leadership skills inclusive of the ability to delegate & follow up
What We Look For:
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate & required experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Fine dining experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of caf operations a plus
- Extensive catering including high volume, complex foodservice operations experience desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, & presentation
- Must be experienced with modern technology, to include MS Office suite, Outlook, & a variety of internal systems & programs that facilitate our F&B standards
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities inclusive of following up with front of house teams
- Leading pre-shifts & recurring property leadership meetings
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Operate common kitchen equipment
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, & qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties & responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs & conditions.
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $75,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums & maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience & other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs & operates meeting, event, flexible office, & membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. & UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, & a warm & welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting & work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality & lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industrys top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets & premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudsons Bay Company, Ares, & RXR Realty among its investors & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by magazine, Fortune magazine, & Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)