VICE Media is seeking a self-starting & experienced video associate producer to join the MUNCHIES production team, based out of our Williamsburg, Brooklyn office reporting to the Supervising Producer.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Research, prep one sheets, lines of questioning & conduct pre-interviews as well as booking for shoots
- Adhere to journalistic standards & practices
- Character casting & talent management
- Field producing
- Fact-checking of episodes in pre & post production
- Support the production team in the office & on location, while ensuring solid communication is maintained
- Oversee all production operations outside the office while on location
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details
- Facilitate in marketing & promotion coordination
- Help facilitate the post process with Vice media standards & workflows
- Help generate new ideas for content, series & coverage
- University/College degree
- Experience in Associate Producer role in documentary, television or digital series
- Experience & knowledge of media production, communication, & techniques
- Understanding of the MUNCHIES style & tone as well ensuring implementation
- Well organized & experienced in logistics & location planning
- Ability to work flexible hours & manage team meetings
- Ability to work across time zones & communicate internationally & inter-culturally
- Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities
- Must be detailed orientated & highly organized
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in food a big plus
- Experience with Canon video equipment & the ability to shoot a major plus
VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media & broadcast news.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.