About This Opportunity
This is a pre-sales role. Our Business Development Team is the first point of contact for many of our future customers. As a BDA you would be focused on setting up introductions with our ideal customers.This position reports to the Director of Business Development & will work closely with our Inside Sales Reps (ISRs)and Field Sales Reps (FSRs).
We're looking for people who are excited to own their "business" (within your respective territory). If you're keen on discovering the perfect buyer, crafting messaging that gets attention, & making connections between people, then this is the perfect role for you. Although it's not always the case, ideally this role will prepare you to become a full-cycle Salesperson (i.e. acloser).
As a Business Development Associate, youll enjoy the benefits of ongoing training, mentorship, career/life coaching, & guidance. It is a great way to jumpstart a career in cybersecurity/SaaS sales & the skills you develop are applicable across any number of disciplines.
The Business Development Team Mission
The BDRs are the face of SecurityScorecard.As the first point of contact, we evangelize the brand driving new sales opportunities.Were a group of growth-minded, self-motivated, & highly ambitious sales professionals.We work harder than others, hold ourselves accountable, & put the team first.Our philosophy is, Next play!Goal achieved? Next play.Failed miserably? Next play. We embrace coaching, we stay focused on our goals, & we strive to have a growth mindset. We think. We act. We win. Then we do it again.
Our Ideal Candidate - does this sound like you?
This role is focused on sourcing our next sales opportunity. As such, you will be speaking with a lot of people, over the phone, email, or social media (LinkedIn). Our ideal candidate has a knack for recognizing patterns & applying those ideas to broader scenarios. For example, uncovering ideal prospects to reach out to based on Buyer Persona training. When the ideal candidate talks with people (phone or email) they are drawn in & curious to learn more. If this sounds like your greatest nightmare, then this is probably not the role to grow your career.
Some other things we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Engages people effortlessly with oral & written communication
- Shameless audacity - won't back down at the first sight of uninterested
- Digitally organized (to maintain Salesforce records)
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy & extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, & improvement
- Hungry to learn (not complacent)
- Works with urgency (to achieve quota on time)
- Positive, warm, & inviting attitude with a no challenge is too great mentality
- Able to work full-time in our Midtown Manhattan office (we do not offer relocation packages or sponsorship for this role)
- Pursuing sales as a career
- Sales experience is a bonus, but not required
What to Expect in Our Hiring Process
- Video interview to learn more about your experience, qualifications & career interests
- In person (onsite or via video) with the hiring manager & several team members
SSC Perks & Benefits
- A full benefits package (health insurance, standard 401k plan, etc.)
- Flexible office hours & paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible dress code
- An annual $3,000 ongoing education stipend
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, beverages, & periodic lunches
- A beautiful Midtown Manhattan office
- Quarterly team outings (escape the room, restaurant week, & more)
- Renown speakers, lecturers, & domain-experts (such as Kim Scott &Allen Gannett)
At SecurityScorecard (SSC), we are revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, & insights. Weve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate & understand the cybersecurity risk of any company. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, & Moody's.
What makes for a successful SSCer? Your skills are of course key, but your attitude is equally as important. As an SSCer, you will commit to working & having fun in a way that exemplifies our S(CORE) values.
As individuals & as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, & operate as One Team. We are Resilient & Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!