Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About This Position
We are looking for an A/R Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Finance team. You should be excited to learn about our companys business model & have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable & cash collections. You will be responsible for leading billing operations for Foursquare by working closely with Sales Operations & Client Success to support a robust & growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude & a great communicator. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced & challenging environment, then this is the role for you. You will report directly to the Senior Finance Associate.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from contract inception to billing & collection
- Lead the monthly billing process by ensuring the timely & accurate invoicing of customers
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, & liaise directly with customers as the main billing contact for invoicing & collection activities
- Follow up frequently by phone & email on past due balances & resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Work cross-functionally with Sales & Legal teams to understand business initiatives & new customer contract economics (deal structures) for appropriate accounting treatment. Work closely with Client Success team in obtaining timely impression counts for billing
- Work with other Finance team members to understand the tax implications of invoicing customers in new jurisdictions
- Perform customer credit check, credit limit set up & approval
- Manage collections regularly, focusing on minimizing bad debt & lowering DSO
- Provide monthly A/R reporting package for Senior Management review with information regarding:
- Incoming cash trends
- Days Sales Outstanding stats & trends
- Aging analysis
- Top outstanding customer accounts
- Customers in bankruptcy/default
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies & procedures
- Enhance the control environment around the billing cycle, identify key pain points & establish new control guidelines to improve accuracy & efficiency
- Other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-3 years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of revenue recognition & accounts receivables procedures & principles
- Understanding of general ledger functions & the month-end/year-end close processes
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral & written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email
- Well-organized with high level of accuracy, attention to details
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel & familiarity with NetSuite & Salesforce
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.