At GoCardless, were passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they & their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce & Quickbooks, more & more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
Were headquartered in the UK, & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners & Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. Weve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire & develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning & feedback, & support colleagues to develop in their role & more broadly in their career.
Were looking for an exceptional Business Systems Engineer to help simplify & make efficient GoCardless business process & provide our customers with a seamless, integrated, secure & reliable experience.
To enable & empower everyone at GoCardless to do their best work through innovation - with simple, reliable tools wrapped in world class support
The Business Systems & IT Team at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one, we act with peoples best interest at heart: we enable GoCardless employees to focus on what matters most to them either automating daily needs or enabling them to self-serve, we provide them with the best tools to do their best work in autonomy.
As a Business Systems Engineer, working with the People Team, you will own the key business process & enable its seamless, efficient flow through multiple applications & systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with stakeholders to understand the current landscape, & then analyse, design & execute processes, technical changes & projects to make us more efficient. You will be exceptional at capturing data, identifying patterns & making decisions. You will be an excellent communicator & care deeply about customer experience.
In this role you will
- Work with People Team to analyse current business processes, looking for opportunities to improve business processes
- Gather stakeholder requirements & build a roadmap to deliver from this
- Own internal systems & tools used by the People Team - ensuring where applicable these systems are integrated.
- Own design & execution of technical changes to support reduce toil on common operations & improving processes through automation
- Research, analyse & implement new tools to optimise customer experience & team performance
- Create & maintain documentation to systems & processes
- Work with other technology functions within the organisation to achieve key success criteria
- Work on supplier integration enhancement projects & acting as an advisor to the internal Product Development team on how to optimise existing supplier performance
You will also be a contributor to
- Defining & measuring success against key operational metrics for the People team
- The growth & scalability of the Risk team & wider Business Systems team
The main technologies you will work with include:
- HRIS Systems
- Enboarder, onboarding platform
- Greenhouse Recruiting
- Interview scheduling tool
- Atlassian Suite
- Payroll systems
- Culture Amp
What we have to offer
- Focus on your growth & development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning & conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers & individual contributors, opportunities for growth & leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership & autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, & we welcome diversity. Even if your experience doesnt tick all of the boxes, please apply - wed love to hear from you.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us & we welcome applications from those with disabilities & from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring & onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field & continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active employee resource groups (such a BEAM & Rainbow) that are supported & sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage & inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours & remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave & pension packages. Youll also receive equity, because we believe having this buy in is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working & this is something well continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing & comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments & a range of remote social activities you can dip in & out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn