BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed the social news & entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We are looking for an Account Executive with a passion for social content-driven advertising.
You have experience in digital media and/or a proven track record of new business sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, & customer service skills.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products & begin generating revenue.
- Prospect new clients, including the ability to qualify & close new accounts
- Prepare for & manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands & agencies as well as RFP agency business.
- Host virtual & (eventually) in-person presentations
- Provide prompt phone/email follow up to all inbound inquiries & properly document & track activity
- Develop & maintain knowledge to become an expert on social media, content Marketing, mobile & digital video
- 2+ years of digital media or sales experience
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue (preferably through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing & renewing business)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills & ability to engage in exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Experience navigating the internet & social platforms
- A desire to learn & adapt in an ever changing industry
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.