Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Director of Product Operations, you will be the inaugural leader centralizing management & oversight of operations within product management. Your team is integral in supporting the Product Management function & ensuring excellent operational delivery for product initiatives & processes. You will run point for our department on strategic cross-functional operational initiatives & ensure our product areas are effectively aligned to execute on our company objectives. This role is a great opportunity for a collaborative, outcome-focused product leader with a love for all things operational excellence & strategy.
Wed love to hear about your experiences & interests to see if this role would be a great fit for you!
You will report into the SVP, Product in our NYC office.
- Experienced. You have been in a product and/or technical operations leadership position for 8+ years. You can coach & mentor both individual contributors & people managers.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; youre curious by nature & excited to get into the details & become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Strategic & analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects & identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a complex, ambiguous problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational & system details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping product managers, engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others & can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small & large projects at the same time & getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Articulating a clear strategy & vision for your function & setting the direction for your team of Product Specialists who support each product area
- Contributing to the evolution of product development processes across Oscar Tech
- Overseeing cross-functional coordination of product implementation of our go to market strategies across Oscars lines of business
- Establishing & iterating on processes & best practices to improve efficiency & support the scale of our department
- Collaborating with tech leadership to make organizational design & staffing decisions & empower your teams to do their best work
- Standing up products coordination & processes to support outsourced tech capacity
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.