Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
The Sales Marketing Manager is a dynamic role that encompasses all aspects of marketing for Vox Media for our revenue organization & to our clients. In this role, you will support marketing for new offerings, distinct audience stories, category insights, & ongoing marketing of core product offerings. You will be a champion for our lines of businesses & our editorial networks, translating product attributes into customer benefits that align with our brand positioning & differentiate us in the marketplace.
The marketing manager is responsible for creating client-facing materials including one-sheets, case studies, templates, new product/package/pitch decks & other touchpoints.. As our businesses & offerings change, you will work with the Director of Sales Marketing to evolve the materials. You will also support the execution of in-market strategies around client engagements.
This role works with multiple internal teams, including Sales, Vox Creative, Network Development, Design, Revenue Product teams to help drive projects forward.
This is the job for you if you:
- Think outside the box -- you know that a deck isnt always the best way to tell a products story
- You operate well in ambiguity -- you thrive in changing environments
- You love to collaborate -- you work well across teams & functions
- Youre solutions oriented -- you face a challenge & see solutions, not problems
What you will do:
- Build materials for new products, offerings, & case studies for our networks, businesses & capabilities & house them in a centralized library; revise as needed
- Work with the Sales Marketing Director to innovate on how we bring our editorial networks to life for our clients through all touchpoints of the funnel
- Support the project management & execution of in-market strategies & client engagements inclusive of roadshows, premiums, newsletters, & campaigns
- Collaborate with pricing & inventory teams to identify & build out new turnkey packages for the sales team
and with with Revenue Product on materials for new products
- Work with Director of Training & Enablement to train new & existing sellers on our offerings & pitches
- Collaborate with Data & Insights team to create case studies
- Update all materials on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy
- Manage centralized website housing all sales products & pitches
What youll bring:
- Familiarity with at least one of Vox Medias networks & alignment with Vox Medias values
- 3+ years of experience managing B2B or integrated marketing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, & leadership skills
- Digital media industry experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & organize work to meet deadlines & multiple requests, work effectively under pressure & within tight timelines
- Familiarity with sales organizations & media terms
- A sense of humor
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.