This position is open to San Francisco or Remote within the US.
Hyper-Accelerating the Internet of Value.
We champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs & support for creation on one of the worlds fastest, most sustainable & consistently reliable public blockchain - XRPL. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions & innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions & governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, & how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate in the digital economy through:
- Practical support & capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster & more easily
- Empowering a community thats democratizing the digital economy
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision & pragmatism
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX & owned by everyone
We have a big vision & the ambition to match. We are seeking the same in engineers. You also see the huge potential of this technology & have the entrepreneurial spirit & technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
- Participate in building layer 1 blockchain solution
- Design, prototype, & simulate new protocols & algorithms
- Benchmark existing software, & improve its scalability, throughput, & latency
- Explore existing blockchain technologies
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- You love programming, & also enjoy research
- 5+ years production software development experience
- 3+ years of C++ (strongly preferred), Go/Golang, or rust experience
- Experience with developing distributed system internal components
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to independently solve complex problems
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with blockchains
- Experience with smart contracts
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.