Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
At Guardant Health, we are committed to positively & significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs that pointedly address long-standing unmet needs in oncology. As the leader in the liquid biopsy field Guardant Health has information about the mutational landscapes of over 30,000 patients.
As aClinical Laboratory Associatewe are looking for someone who will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory Scientists & supporting the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory. As part of the Clinical Operations you will be responsible for:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures for the following but not limited to: centrifuges, freezers, refrigerators, pipettors, heat blocks, quantitation instruments, sequencers, & liquid handlers.
- Create sample batches, print labels & label tubes & plates.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies & equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Clean racks & other laboratory supplies.
- Manage plasma sample inventory.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Reagent Manufacturing team with preparation & aliquoting of reagents, manufacture controls & reagents kits require for performing & supporting sampletesting.
- Assist with managing & ensuring sufficient inventory of reagents used in the Clinical Operations laboratory.
- Participate in interdepartmental activities with Supply Chain & Quality to ensure qualified reagents fortesting are available for use at all time.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist during clinical patient testing.
- Participate in projects under the supervision of a CLS or Supervisor along with maintaining quality & efficient work flow of daily duties.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures & analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures for research sample testing
- Operate & troubleshoot equipment according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures for research sample testing
- Independently identify & troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance for research sample testing
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel & training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits & inspection preparation, as needed.
- Manage of organizing & maintaining laboratory, equipment, personnel & training documents.
- Set-up the liquid handlers & assist with liquid handlers automated procedures.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled & performed.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Work closely with the CLS's & Accessioning Teams & Reagent Manufacturing team to provide consistent & ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Write & revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities & report to laboratory management
- Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Associates, give constructive feedback & provide peer review feedback for evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOU- If you are a dedicatedClinical Laboratory Associatewith the following experience who holds:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the analytical sample processing steps all other supporting function
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis & treatment
- Great communicator with great written & verbal fluency in English
- Detailed oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/