Townsquare Media Group
IA, United States (Waterloo)
Townsquare Media in Waterloo includes well-known brands like K98.5, Q92.3, KOEL-AM & KCRR
Townsquare Media Waterloo has an opportunity to join our already killer on-air lineup.
If you have an outgoing personality & enjoy entertaining female 18-34 we want to talk with you!
This position is for CHR powerhouse Q92.3. A pop station blowing out 100,000 watts of Todays Hottes Music. Applicants must be very social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the station's website & YouTube channel, bring FUN & TOPICAL ideas to the table, & the successful candidate must be able to connect & engage with the station's target audience by keeping up with relevant trends & pop culture.
This person is eager to build relationships & value in our community & wants to be a part of a successful & growing Radio Company who highly values our brands, our talent & our family of employees. We take great pride in winning with radio, digital & live events. Just because it is a part time position does not mean you wont 100% be a part of the team.
If you do too, please attach a cover letter, resume, references & MP3 demo.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events & ability to create radio topics based on pop culture news & information
- Entertains & informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs & social media outlets your target audience is females age 18-34
- Create a minimum of 5 FUN, LOCAL & TOPICAL blogs per week
- Write Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
- Conducts on-air interviews, attend & assist in all market cluster live events
- Monitors & identifies important news issues within the community & manage public file
- Produce commercials on a daily basis
- Conducts Live Remotes & appearances & assist in special promotions & programming activities
- Work closely with the Operations Manager for direction on air shift & other duties
- Represent the Brand locally. Be willing to make public appearances both paid & unpaid
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all FCC rules & regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable programs & excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill & ability to interact with listeners & clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability & skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management & staff at all levels & to multi-task & handle pressures & deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, Zetta, Adobe Audition, & other related production equipment
Education & Licensing Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Must possess valid state driver's license