Company Description|Job Description
Position Location: Foster City, CA; Bellevue, WA; or,Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management capabilities. In an increasingly competitive environment, we are looking for talented, articulate & bright individuals who want to make a difference.
The Product Operations Sr. Program Manager will be an integral part of our Product Operations team supporting the Product Management organization to ensure superior operational delivery for product initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for managing strategic cross-functional programs that include, but are not limited to, the following lifecycle activities: product requirements, product build, training, legal, marketing, commercialization/go-to-market activities, & client communication. Additional tasks include providing regular status reporting, product roadmap updates, supporting the change management process, assist with annual planning, & other responsibilities as assigned. This position will include interacting directly with Product Managers, Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, & Visa cross-functional teams in a Global environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership & management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, varied payment offerings.
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+years' experience as project manager, delivering complex business sponsored projects. Ideal candidate will have deep knowledge & experience with all aspects of software development life cycle, & go-to-market/commercialization aspects of introducing a new product or feature
to the market. Activities include planning, execution, market launch, & will require experience managing cross functional & global project teams in a matrixed environment.
- PMP certified with current credentials.
- Experience in Agile environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of payment and/or risk management systems & the industry is preferred.
- Excellent MS Project & presentation skills.
- Ability to drive cross-functional project teams of services personnel dispersed across multiple
geographies & disciplines in a matrix structure where none of the resources report directly to the program manager.
- Able to motivate staff & influence their tasks to align with organizational goals & priorities.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to
post-implementation customer support.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies & best practices.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional
- Team player; able to communicate with technical & business experts at all levels of the
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills.
- Passionate about what you do; product management & fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry lead
- The Sr. Program Manager will lead project planning activities & facilitate project meetings, ensuring the project team delivers against its commitments with the highest quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Leveraging strong project management industry expertise & collaboration skills, identify required activities to successfully deliver the program, ensuring appropriate task assignments are in place
- Establish & manage client expectations through-out the project lifecycle; follow defined scope
- Define Communication Plan to ensure appropriate CyberSourceand Visa Stakeholder involvement & communication is in place
- Report & escalate issues, with mitigation & path to resolution
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization & scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating & identifying alternate options as appropriate; Follow defined Risk Management processes
- Oversee & ensure all status materials are compiled & completed in a timely fashion Document
and distribute project & activity status on regular basis
- Collaborate with Product Managers to manage key performance metrics & assist with budget
management & roadmap documentation
- Assess existing processes & identify opportunity for improvement
- Participatein other project related activities, as requested
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.