Bread provides consumer purchase finance options for ecommerce. The company builds tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing prequalification & checkout experience anywhere in their customers' shopping journey. The company has been live in market since mid-2015, is growing its volume 5x year-on-year, & has ~100 employees in New York City. The company has raised more than $100 million in equity funding to date, most recently in a Series C in the second half of 2018.
The Head of Partnerships & Business Development position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread revenue team. The company sits adjacent to a number of different industries that could provide growth-accelerating partnership opportunities, e.g. digital payments companies; other issuers of consumer credit; ecommerce platforms; digital marketing services;ecommerce development agencies & systems integrators; payments acquisition independent sales organizations (ISOs); & others.
The Head of Partnerships & Business Development will be responsible for driving new strategic partnerships from sourcing, negotiation & close through to implementation & driving value.
Things youll do:
- Identify potential reseller, referral, technology integration & marketing partnerships across adjacent verticals
- Design & build out the partnerships team at Bread, including identifying roles, setting goals & KPIs
- Work closely with senior company leadership to determine priorities & strategy & get top-level buy in on strategic opportunities
- Build relationships across adjacent verticals & move partnerships through complex deal cycles
- Close new deals by coordinating requirements; developing & negotiating contracts & scoping/organizing execution
- Be accountable for successful go-live of integrated partnerships, coordinating cross-functionally
- Manage ongoing relationships with strategic partners. Track effectiveness & ensure success
- Meaningful experience in a leadership role in partnerships/business development, ideally at a venture-backed startup
- Excellent knowledge of the online payments & digital commerce ecosystem
- Proven experience closing complex partnerships with sizable revenue impact potential
- Experience negotiating complex memorandums of understanding, term sheets, & definitive deals
- Track record as a successful people manager in the partnerships function
- Ability to construct or closely understand detailed financial models that can project deal value & impact
- Facility in coordinating efforts of multiple disparate stakeholders
- An aptitude & appetite for switching between strategic thinking & planning & tactical, roll-up-your-sleeves, get-in-the-weeds day-to-day work
- Comfort working in a small company culture, & with creating processes on the fly
- Excellent communication skills, a thirst for knowledge & detail orientation
- Drive to succeed & exceed goals, & ability to work both independently & with the team to build your book of business