The Chief of Staff to the CEO plays a key leadership role in acting on the CEOs behalf in driving a strong, cross-departmental culture of accountability, execution, & delivery across the organization. The Chief of Staff will navigate complex & sensitive situations, both internally & externally focused topics, balance progress on long-term projects, with the urgency of immediate operational demands. This role will drive efficiency by organizing & prioritizing critical issues & fostering a mindset that values outcomes & results over activities.
Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful, & efficient, with a high level of professionalism & confidentiality. Equally important is strong business acumen, strong written & verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability & project management.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with CEO to ensure weekly priorities are set & maintained, including working with Administrative assistant to adjust schedules & meetings to protect priorities
- Attend meetings, capture major take-a ways, work with the executive team to ensure follow up & monitor progress/achievement & mitigate risk.
- Manage weekly executive meeting including agenda & reporting prep, & follow-ups
- Project manage, report on & drive cross-team initiatives and/or projects & bring together important stakeholders to help drive decisions
- Lead & organize event & meeting preparation & ensure action items from meetings are executed. Prepare CEO for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the necessary information needed.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to enable strong collaboration & an ability to solve complex problems when necessary
- Partner with COO to ensure successful completion of annual strategic planning efforts by coordinating with leadership team
- Partner with COO on preparation & execution of quarterly business review (QBRs) & work with executive team to ensure reporting completion & collaboration
- Track progress against executive team objectives & flag status issues to executive leadership when there is impact to company objectives
- Serve as a proxy for the CEO, as necessary, in meetings to maximize bandwidth
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor & sounding board in assessing strategic & tactical opportunities to the CEO
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis, prepare findings for management & leadership teams (or Board) as appropriate.
- Partner with the CEO to craft effective internal & external communications including but not limited to weekly leadership emails, all-team presentations, board decks, customer pitches, external events
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the executive management team via email updates & weekly executive cadence meetings.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times & that behavior aligns with Conductor core competencies.
- At least 5 years experience in consulting, business program management, business operations, sales lead, and/or finance role.
- At least 3 years people management experience
- Superior written & oral communication skills
- Ability to lead through influence
- Outstanding organization, planning, project management, & prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration & alignment across Executive teams
- Sense of urgency with pragmatic approach
- Ability to multi-task & tenacity to drive deliverables across the company
- Bias towards action & sense of urgency
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
- Strong business acumen with the ability to provide input & insight into new ideas or ways of thinking
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Must be highly flexible & agile, working in a dynamic, fast growing organization
- Demonstrated track record as a strong collaborator who seeks to understand cross-functional viewpoints & individual business unit goals
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. MBA a plus but not required
- In office presence Hybrid schedule (3 days a week)