Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Our Engineering organization works across many areas - from our custom logistics management system to our user-facing products on web & iOS. Our Consumer team is dedicated to providing technical solutions to our customers needs: all while maintaining quality, scalability, & engineering rigor.
RTR subscribers visit our app 5X a week! Our customers invest significant time browsing & renting items for every important moment in their lives - from work to weekends & weddings. In recent years, we have treated the app as an extension of our website & have a massive opportunity to more clearly define JTBD (job to be done) for the RTR mobile app experience. Not to mention, take advantage of native functionality that can drive a stickier experience.
The team will partner with product, product design, data science, analytics & business stakeholders across the organization to develop best-in-class solutions to build customer loyalty & drive revenue within the app. As part of the app team you will be responsible for maintaining the current app functionality, while taking part in product discovery towards the future potential of the iOS app, & RTRs mobile strategies in general.
About the Job:
As an Engineering Manager at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading & guiding the most important part of our engineering organization - our people. Our passion is to deliver experiences that make our users fall in love with us again & again, & this means nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, & coordination between & within teams.
As the leader of the Mobile Core team , you will work with a passionate group of engineers focused on the mission of making our customers happy. You will work on user-facing products that help users across their whole journey - from product discovery to purchasing items on our site.
What Youll Do:
- Take part in the overall planning, execution & success of our Mobile Strategic initiatives
- Conduct regular check-ins & 1-1s with team members
- Think critically about the long-term career development of team members
- Lead a team of diverse & talented mobile software engineers Communicate across cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, & Design
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder as necessary & removing roadblocks
- Lead prioritization efforts & provide mentorship to others
- Deeply care about the happiness of others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- Hands-on technical leadership & people management experience
- A strong appreciation for engineering best practices & quality over quantity of work
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration & ingenuity
- A knack for effective & clear communication in all circumstances
- You have professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- You have professional experience building iOS applications using both Objective-C & Swift
- You have a strong command of code design patterns, data structures, & best practices
- You have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration & ingenuity
- Youre able to understand, diagnose, & effectively articulate technical challenges & solutions
- Youre able to handle ambiguous problems & make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.